SodaqOne Error compiling for board

Hi,

I just got a Sodaq One board and I wanted to test it out.

I’ve followed the instructions on the website. But whenever I connect the board. It disconnects after a few seconds.
I’ve tried different USB cables, computers, but no luck.

This is the error that I get:

Board sodaq_one (platform samd, package SODAQ) is unknown

Error compiling for board SODAQ ONE.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

It appears that the SODAQ SAMD boards are not install properly, or have been removed.

Can you try reinstalling them using the board manager.

This guide is for the Autonomo and SodaqONE:
http://support.sodaq.com/sodaq-one/autonomо/getting-started-autonomo/

You might need to use this URL instead:
http://downloads.sodaq.net/test/package_sodaq_index.json

Thanks Gabriel,

I managed to resolve it. A combination of resetting the board, installing the older versions of the SAMD board did the trick :smile:

I have the same issue here on Arduino 1.8.1.

/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware -hardware /Users/bowenfeng/Library/Arduino15/packages -tools /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/tools-builder -tools /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr -tools /Users/bowenfeng/Library/Arduino15/packages -built-in-libraries /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/libraries -libraries /Users/bowenfeng/Documents/Arduino/libraries -fqbn=SODAQ:samd:sodaq_one -ide-version=10801 -build-path /var/folders/0m/nk_mrvmd3gg7xts5sl92p2340000gn/T/arduino_build_595898 -warnings=all -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -prefs=runtime.tools.arm-none-eabi-gcc.path=/Users/bowenfeng/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/4.8.3-2014q1 -prefs=runtime.tools.CMSIS.path=/Users/bowenfeng/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/CMSIS/4.0.0-atmel -prefs=runtime.tools.bossac.path=/Users/bowenfeng/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/bossac/1.6.1-arduino -prefs=runtime.tools.openocd.path=/Users/bowenfeng/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/openocd/0.9.0-arduino -verbose /Users/bowenfeng/Documents/Arduino/SodaqOne-UniversalTracker/SodaqOneTracker/SodaqOneTracker.ino

Board sodaq_one (platform samd, package SODAQ) is unknown

Error compiling for board SODAQ ONE.

I tried to reinstall the board but that didn’t fix the issue. And the …/test/package_sodaq_index.json link is broken so I can’t try that one.
Please help. Thanks!

The correct URL for the board package files is:
http://downloads.sodaq.net/package_sodaq_index.json

There was previously a ‘test’ version, however, this has been discontinued. Sorry for the confusion.

If you need to do a clean install, you also need to delete this folder:
/Users/[USERNAME]/AppData/Local/Arduino15
(This is the location in Windows, other platforms will have a similar folder.)

Remove the Arduino.app and Arduino15 folder (I’m using macOS, the path is ~/Library/Arduino15), reinstall worked for me.
Thanks Gabriel!