Sodaq Explorer NB-IoT Commands

Good evening,

We have recently purchased a Sodaq Explorer with the NB-IoT shield.
Currently we are trying via the official documentation (AT Commands) to connect it to COSMOTE NB-IoT network (Greek Mobile Operator).

So far we have succeeded to connect it to the NB-IoT enabled Base Station, register it to the network and get an IP.

However when we are trying to start a UDP socket (AT+NSOCR=“DGRAM”,17,16666,0) so as to communicate with the backend server we get Error mesages without further explanation. Errors also appear when we are trying to ping our backend server and 8.8.8.8, both of which have been properly forwarded and are accessible through the other NB-IoT connected devices.

The command succession is the following:

AT+NRB
AT+CFUN=0
AT+NCDP="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"
AT+CGDCONT=0,"IP","xxx"
AT+CFUN=1
AT+NBAND=20
AT+COPS=1,2,"xxxxx"
AT+CSQ
AT+CGATT?
AT+CGPADDR"
AT+NSOCR="DGRAM",17,16666,0
AT+NPING="8.8.8.8"

So the errors occur at the last two commands, we suspect that it has nothing to do with the network config, but maybe with the board itself, so the question would be if someone has experienced something similar, and if the board/firmware is to blame, where can we download new firmware (the chipset is SARA-N211 v 02B-00)

Thank you in advance and sorry for the long post!

Dear @TomP,

Can you check your firmware version with the command: ATI9
Your N211 should return 06.57,A07.03 to indicate you have the latest version.

Can you please let me know the firmware you have on your board?

Kind regards,
Jan

Good morning,

Unfortunately i get an Error every time i issue the ATI9 command so i cannot provide you this information.
However i can issue successfully the AT+CGMR command and the output is : V100R100C10B656 .

Hope this is useful for you in some way.

Regards,
Tom

Hi @TomP,

This indeed is an old firmware version.
Can you contact your ublox representive in your country to get the latest firmware.
https://www.u-blox.com/en/about-us/sales-network-offices

Kind regards,
Jan

Good evening,

We were under the impression that a tool is offered by you so as to facilitate the firmware upgrade to end users. Why do we have to get in contact with U-Blox for a firmware upgrade related to your platform? It seems a bit complicated procedure, wouldn’t you agree?

Regards,
Tom