Sodaq autonomo not uploading

We have sodaq autonomo connected to the water quality sensors but every time we try to upload the sketch it says “Error compiling for board SODAQ Autonomo.”, While we have selected board as “sodaq autonomo” and I am using a right port.

Previously (late 2018), we were using sodaq sara as a board selection option and it was working fine, but now after we updated the board manager, sodaq sara disappeared from the selection option.

Here is the full error message.
Arduino: 1.6.10 (Windows 10), Board: “SODAQ Autonomo”

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware “C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware” -hardware “C:\Users\Roxanna\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages” -tools “C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\tools-builder” -tools “C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr” -tools “C:\Users\Roxanna\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages” -built-in-libraries “C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries” -libraries “C:\Users\Roxanna\Documents\Arduino\libraries” -fqbn=SODAQ:samd:sodaq_autonomo -vid-pid=0X2341_0X804D -ide-version=10610 -build-path “C:\Users\Roxanna\AppData\Local\Temp\build3a112fb3a8dc8226d84f767314cdd515.tmp” -warnings=none -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -verbose “C:\Users\Roxanna\Downloads\WaterQuality_SD_RTC_GPRS_WDT_TIMESYNC\WaterQuality_SD_RTC_GPRS_WDT_TIMESYNC.ino”

Board sodaq_autonomo (platform samd, package SODAQ) is unknown

Error compiling for board SODAQ Autonomo.
Invalid library found in C:\Users\Roxanna\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Grove_LCD_RGB_Backlight: C:\Users\Roxanna\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Grove_LCD_RGB_Backlight
Invalid library found in C:\Users\Roxanna\Documents\Arduino\libraries\GSM: C:\Users\Roxanna\Documents\Arduino\libraries\GSM
Invalid library found in C:\Users\Roxanna\Documents\Arduino\libraries\libraries: C:\Users\Roxanna\Documents\Arduino\libraries\libraries
Invalid library found in C:\Users\Roxanna\Documents\Arduino\libraries\USBHost: C:\Users\Roxanna\Documents\Arduino\libraries\USBHost
Invalid library found in C:\Users\Roxanna\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Grove_LCD_RGB_Backlight: C:\Users\Roxanna\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Grove_LCD_RGB_Backlight
Invalid library found in C:\Users\Roxanna\Documents\Arduino\libraries\GSM: C:\Users\Roxanna\Documents\Arduino\libraries\GSM
Invalid library found in C:\Users\Roxanna\Documents\Arduino\libraries\libraries: C:\Users\Roxanna\Documents\Arduino\libraries\libraries
Invalid library found in C:\Users\Roxanna\Documents\Arduino\libraries\USBHost: C:\Users\Roxanna\Documents\Arduino\libraries\USBHost

Greetings from Patagonia! We really appreciate your help with this issue

Hi @WamburaRoman,

I see that in your post you talk about the Sara and Autonomo board.
Select the correct board. If you don’t select the correct board, the upload may be successful but the sketch won’t work.

Please update your Arduino IDE to 1.8.9.
And add the download urls mentioned on this page:
https://support.sodaq.com/sodaq-one/arduino-ide-setup/

Recheck for updated and update the boardfiles to the latest version.

This should fix the upload issues.

Best regards,
Jan

1 Like

Hi Jan,

Thank you for the reply, we have updated IDE version and the boards on preferences, but the error still exist, is there something else we can try more?, here is the error we have now.

Arduino: 1.8.9 (Windows 10), Board: “SODAQ Autonomo”

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware -hardware C:\Users\Roxanna\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\tools-builder -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -tools C:\Users\Roxanna\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages -built-in-libraries C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries -libraries C:\Users\Roxanna\Documents\Arduino\libraries -fqbn=SODAQ:samd:sodaq_autonomo -vid-pid=0X2341_0X804D -ide-version=10809 -build-path C:\Users\Roxanna\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_371452 -warnings=none -build-cache C:\Users\Roxanna\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_125138 -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -prefs=runtime.tools.openocd.path=C:\Users\Roxanna\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\openocd\0.9.0-arduino -prefs=runtime.tools.openocd-0.9.0-arduino.path=C:\Users\Roxanna\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\openocd\0.9.0-arduino -prefs=runtime.tools.bossac.path=C:\Users\Roxanna\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\bossac\1.6.1-arduino -prefs=runtime.tools.bossac-1.6.1-arduino.path=C:\Users\Roxanna\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\bossac\1.6.1-arduino -prefs=runtime.tools.CMSIS.path=C:\Users\Roxanna\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\CMSIS\4.0.0-atmel -prefs=runtime.tools.CMSIS-4.0.0-atmel.path=C:\Users\Roxanna\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\CMSIS\4.0.0-atmel -prefs=runtime.tools.arm-none-eabi-gcc.path=C:\Users\Roxanna\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1 -prefs=runtime.tools.arm-none-eabi-gcc-4.8.3-2014q1.path=C:\Users\Roxanna\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1 -verbose C:\Users\Roxanna\Downloads\WaterQuality_SD_RTC_GPRS_WDT_TIMESYNC\WaterQuality_SD_RTC_GPRS_WDT_TIMESYNC.ino

Invalid library found in C:\Users\Roxanna\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Grove_LCD_RGB_Backlight: no headers files (.h) found in C:\Users\Roxanna\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Grove_LCD_RGB_Backlight
Invalid library found in C:\Users\Roxanna\Documents\Arduino\libraries\GSM: no headers files (.h) found in C:\Users\Roxanna\Documents\Arduino\libraries\GSM
Invalid library found in C:\Users\Roxanna\Documents\Arduino\libraries\libraries: no headers files (.h) found in C:\Users\Roxanna\Documents\Arduino\libraries\libraries
Invalid library found in C:\Users\Roxanna\Documents\Arduino\libraries\USBHost: no headers files (.h) found in C:\Users\Roxanna\Documents\Arduino\libraries\USBHost
Invalid library found in C:\Users\Roxanna\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Grove_LCD_RGB_Backlight: no headers files (.h) found in C:\Users\Roxanna\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Grove_LCD_RGB_Backlight
Invalid library found in C:\Users\Roxanna\Documents\Arduino\libraries\GSM: no headers files (.h) found in C:\Users\Roxanna\Documents\Arduino\libraries\GSM
Invalid library found in C:\Users\Roxanna\Documents\Arduino\libraries\libraries: no headers files (.h) found in C:\Users\Roxanna\Documents\Arduino\libraries\libraries
Invalid library found in C:\Users\Roxanna\Documents\Arduino\libraries\USBHost: no headers files (.h) found in C:\Users\Roxanna\Documents\Arduino\libraries\USBHost

Hi @WamburaRoman,

I see the issue:

It looks like something went wrong during the update of your boardfiles.
Can you delete the old folder?
You can find the installed boardfiles in:
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\SODAQ\hardware\samd
You should only have one folder: 1.6.19.

Best regards,
Jan

1 Like

Hi Jan, problem still existing, we have uninstalled IDE and deleted everything from the directory then installed a new one but still the same error, as the above mentioned, happening, and also it’s wonderful that after installing a new IDE we found the board list in the board manager while we are not yet added a url in the preferences, that mean an old url is still there in the preference. I expected boards like SODAQ Autonomo should appear in board list after adding a url in the preferences and install the board.

This problem exists on my friend’s PC in Patagonia, I am assisting her setting up her project there through Skype and team viewer, but on my side everything is working well, I have tried to match settings on her computer with mine but nothing is working on her side.

I there any more options we can try again?

1 Like

Hi @WamburaRoman,

Did you manage to solve the issue?
Did you delete the Arduino15 folder in C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Arduino15\ ?
This usually is a hidden folder, you can navigate to it by %localappdata%

Best regards,
Jan

1 Like

Hi Jan,
Thank you so much for your help with the error messages we have been having…I did what you suggested (delete Arduino 15 folder and re installed the program from scratch). I got this error message:
Arduino: 1.8.9 (Windows 10), Board: “SODAQ Autonomo”

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware -hardware C:\Users\Roxanna\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\tools-builder -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -tools C:\Users\Roxanna\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages -built-in-libraries C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries -libraries C:\Users\Roxanna\Documents\Arduino\libraries -fqbn=SODAQ:samd:sodaq_autonomo -vid-pid=0X2341_0X804D -ide-version=10809 -build-path C:\Users\Roxanna\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_354961 -warnings=none -build-cache C:\Users\Roxanna\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_85592 -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -prefs=runtime.tools.bossac.path=C:\Users\Roxanna\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\bossac\1.6.1-arduino -prefs=runtime.tools.bossac-1.6.1-arduino.path=C:\Users\Roxanna\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\bossac\1.6.1-arduino -prefs=runtime.tools.CMSIS.path=C:\Users\Roxanna\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\CMSIS\4.0.0-atmel -prefs=runtime.tools.CMSIS-4.0.0-atmel.path=C:\Users\Roxanna\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\CMSIS\4.0.0-atmel -prefs=runtime.tools.openocd.path=C:\Users\Roxanna\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\openocd\0.9.0-arduino -prefs=runtime.tools.openocd-0.9.0-arduino.path=C:\Users\Roxanna\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\openocd\0.9.0-arduino -prefs=runtime.tools.arm-none-eabi-gcc.path=C:\Users\Roxanna\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1 -prefs=runtime.tools.arm-none-eabi-gcc-4.8.3-2014q1.path=C:\Users\Roxanna\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1 -verbose C:\Users\Roxanna\Documents\Arduino\sodaq_autono_quality3\sodaq_autono_quality3.ino

Thanks for your guidance! Hoping to take my sensors to the field soon!

Hi @Roxanna_Ayllon and @WamburaRoman,

I see you still have the issue :cry:
Maybe we can do a quick teamviewer session to solve it.

I will send you both an email.

Best regards,
Jan