Reboot sequence

Hi guys,
Im currently working with the sodaq sara.
does anyone know if its possible to surpress the reboot message after powering the board?

after a reboot the controller shows me infomation wheather a new firmware is available. I hope that I can reconfigure it.

Thanks in advance.

Hi gentleben,

Could you elaborate upon what you are running on the Sara right now?

Regards

Im running currently the example programm where the modem is bypassed to the usb serial connection. I was just testing out some at commands and got my use case running. In the next step it would be great to initialize my programm so I started editing the setup() method and thought it would be great to restart the device and can ignore the update and reboot message. this would save me a lot of work to handle those messages.

Hi gentleben,

As far as I know this is not possible.
I am wondering what you mean with
“this would save me a lot of work to handle those messages.”
Could you explain? I wrote quite some code with the N211 and this is actually useful; I agree with the datasheet:
“monitoring of the greeting text, where supported, can help in detecting the successful end of the boot phase.”

Regards

“this would save me a lot of work to handle those messages.”
Could you explain?

my original intention was to skip this part because i dont need the infomation on a new firmware version. At least for the moment. I was just playing with the device an want to send some messages on a regular basis. I just wanted a clean start for convenience.

Hi gentleben,

If this is truly a problem to you I’d recommend you contact Ublox themselves.
Perhaps there are some commands not noted in the AT reference manual that would allow you to hide it.

Regards