R410M cannot connect to network

Hi, I am trying to connect R410M standalone via NB-IoT in band8. The same sim connects with N211+ArduinoM0, but it does not connect with R410M. Can anyone help please? I followed http://support.sodaq.com/sodaq-one/sodaq-sara-r410m/ as well.

My config is as follows:

at
OK

OK
at+gmm
SARA-R410M-02B
OK
at+cgmr
L0.0.00.00.05.06 [Feb 03 2018 13:00:41]
OK
at+urat?
+URAT: 8
OK
at+ubandmask?
+UBANDMASK: 0,0,1,128
// I set the NB-IoT band to band 8
OK
at+umnoprof?
+UMNOPROF: 0
at+cgdcont?
+CGDCONT: 1,“IP”,“xxxxxx”,“0.0.0.0”,0,0,0,0
//On N211, I have at+nconfig=AUTOCONNECT,TRUE and the device reads APN from sim automatically and I am not sure if R410M can do the same thing. i masked the APN.
at+cfun=1
OK
at+cops=1,2,“xxxxx”
+CME ERROR: no network service
// This is very strange. I used the same sim on N211, and it connects with no issue. I masked the operater id too.
at+csq
+csq: 99,99
at+cops=?
+CME ERROR: operation not allowed
// it does not allow me to see what are the available operators

Hi @Ying,

Can you check if the antenna is connected properly. and if you have an other GSM/NB-IoT antenna please give that one a try.

What is the firmware on your R410 module?
ATI9 should give you your firmware version.

Best regards,
Jan

Hi Jan, thank you, tried with another antenna and configure the band while cfun=0 fixed the problem. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi, I encountered the same problem as described in the post. I tried the suggestions of Jan and Ying, but without result. The AT command sequence I used is as follows:

AT
OK
ATI9
L0.0.00.00.05.06,A.02.01
OK
AT+CFUN=0
OK
AT+URAT=7
OK
AT+CGDCONT=1,“IP”,“data.mono”
OK
AT+CPIN?
+CPIN: READY
OK
AT+CFUN=1
OK
AT+COPS=?
+CME ERROR: operation not allowed
AT+COPS=1,2,“20404”
AT+COPS=1,2,“20408”

Could anyone please help me?

May I ask which provider you are using?

Looks like MonoGoto to me @Alex_Bijmolt

@Alex_Bijmolt Yes I am using MonoGoto. It used to work perfectly but suddenly stopped working. I also tried using a Vodafone and T-Mobile NB-IoT sim but they gave the same error.