Old core / libraries

Hello

I have two questions. One about the core and one about the librarys.

Core:
I installed the newest Arduino IDE, all sodaq boards and all libraries as is written at the support webpage.
Unfortunately I get the following message when uploading a programm:

Arduino: 1.6.10 (Mac OS X), Board: “SODAQ ONE”

WARNUNG: Kategorie ‘’ in der Bibliothek XPT2046 ist ungültig und wird auf ‘Uncategorized’ festgelegt
Warnung: platform.txt aus dem Kern ‘SODAQ SAMD (32-bits ARM Cortex-M0+) Boards’ enthält veraltete recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} {compiler.ar.extra_flags} “{build.path}/{archive_file}” “{object_file}” und wurde automatisch zu recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} {compiler.ar.extra_flags} “{archive_file_path}” “{object_file}” konvertiert. Erwägen Sie eine Aktualisierung dieses Kerns.

How can I update my core or what should I do?

Library:
As previously written, all things are up to date.
Sadly the libraries who are needed for the tutorial programms are missing. The LSM303.h library I found by chance at the tracker folder. However the library Sodaq_GPS.h I couldn’t find at all. Also by chance, I found this forum and a topic that discusses this. So I tried the “new” library Sodaq_UBlox_GPS.h with its example. As I compile this example, at the line sodaq_gps.init(); I get the message no matching function for call to 'Sodaq_UBlox_GPS::init()'. If I comment this line out, then I can compile and upload it to the sodaqOne. But the only message that I get is:

SODAQ LoRaONE test_gps is starting …
delay … 0ms
waiting for fix …, timeout=900000ms

Is there a usable library for the GPS tutorial or what should I have to do at this example to keep it running?

Thanks for any help

In regards to the warnings, there are two showing there:

The first is a warning about the third party XPT2046 library, and how it is missing the category description.

The second warning with regards to the outdated recipe pattern, This warning seems to be shown for any SAMD board (you can try compiling for the official Arduino Zero). You can ignore it.

Thank you for your reply. So I will ignore that.

Do you know something about the GPS library issue?
Is there maybe a possibility to rewrite the code from the tracker software or using the libraries from the tracker software to build a GPS program?

The Sodaq_UBlox_GPS library is available from here:

The example code needs to be updated as the Sodaq_UBlox_GPS::init() now take a parameter int8_t enable_pin, which specifies the IO pin used for enabling/disabling the GPS module. For the SodaqONE you should pass GPS_ENABLE as the parameter.

Hello Gabriel

Unfortunately I don’t know what you mean. I’m not that strong in programming.

What I also don’t understand is that you provide two example codes in one the library is missing and the other one has a failure in the code during the compilation.

Why do you not put a simple and working example at the support webpage? In my opinion there are a lot of backers who will receive the SodaqONE in the next days and they were happy to get a working example.

I’ve pushed a fix to my fork of the library.

You can find it here: https://github.com/GabrielNotman/Sodaq_UBlox_GPS