How can I increase the timer in sodaq gps tracker?

Hello

I was wondering how I can extend the time in soda que tracker code that control when the gps tasks are executed?

I see that it’s set to one minute , 59s, but I would like to extend it into 3min. Where can I set this new time in the code?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Hi,

You don’t need to change anything in the code. You can change the setting in the Serial monitor startup menu.

Upload the default tracker software to the board.
Open a serial monitor, baudrate can be anything. Set the Serial monitor settings to: Both NL & CR
If you don’t see any data press enter.
Now you have a startup menu where you can change all the settings.
By default you will notice that the fix interval is set to 15 minutes.
Send the command “fi=3” to set it to 3 minutes.

The device will still wake up every minute to check the timers, but only send every 3 minutes
If you don’t have gps coverage it will take 2 minutes more to transmit. Because the gps timeout is set to 120 seconds.

If you want to change it in the code:
Go to the Config.cpp
Change the setting in void ConfigParams::reset()
These are default setting, you can still override them in startmenu when you open the serial monitor.

1 Like

@Jan Thanks!

Another question, how does the code know how much time to wait when LoraBee is transmitting? I mean, how do you calculate the transmission window for the Lora module? Could not it happen that the Lora modules goes to sleep before having sent its payload?

Thanks again,

regards