After receiving a mail in May regarding a new firmware for my ONE and message about integration of the UniversalTracker-v2 software with Cayenne, I finally got around to trying it all out.
I own one of the Kickstarter ONE v1 rev.4 units and now flashed it with the new firmware 1.0.3 and put the UniversalTracker-v2 on it. Unfortunately it didn’t work as it couldn’t connect to my Lora Gateway (OTAA failed).
Diving into the root-cause of the failure I stumbled about the Arduino RN2483 library and the Arduino Board version that I forgot to update since a long time. But still, even after upgrading all to the latest version (at the 29th of July 2017), the combination didn’t work. Finally I found that I had to downgrade the board version to SODAQ SAMD Boards by SODAQ version 1.6.12 (latest 1.6.14 and missing 1.6..13..) to get the UniversalTracker-v2 software to connect to my Lora Gateway again.
Though.. during my search I found out that I apparently missed that a Version 2 of the ONE has been released. I however cannot find a description (except for some hints in messages of other forum users) about what changed and whether the UniversalTracker-v2 is meant for the ONE version 2 only and not suitable for the ONE v1 rev.4. Therefor the following questions:
- Is there a reference to documentation that describes the compatibility between ONE v1 rev.4. and ONE version 2?
- Which versions of the board SODAQ SAMD Boards by SODAQ are suited for usage with the ONE v1 rev.4.? Will newer versions remain usable?
- Which versions of the library Sodaq_RN2483 by Alex Tsamakos, SODAQ are suited for usage with the ONE version 1 rev.4? Will newer versions remain usable?
- Is the UniversalTracker-v2 suitable for usage on the ONE v1 rev.4. or only meant to be used on the ONE version 2? (and was I lucky to get it working?)
- What combination(s) of firmware + library + board will work with the ONE v1 rev.4.? (as I could’t get it running with the board version 1.6.14).
For your information, the combination that I got working on (that is: at least connecting from) my ONE v1 rev.4. is:
- Library: Sodaq_RN2483 by Alex Tsamakos, SODAQ v1.0.9
- Board: SODAQ SAMD Boards by SODAQ version 1.6.12
- Firmware: v1.0.3
- UniversalTracker-v2: version 4.6.0 (master from 29th of July 2017)